Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Deadline




I like the author Sandra Brown.  I have read several of her novels and have enjoyed them all that is why when I saw this new one by her I figured I had to read it.  I was not disappointed.

 It had a little of everything starting with a reporter who has just come back from Afghanistan and is experiencing PTSD.  He is asked by his godfather an FBI guy to cover a trial that may have answers to one of his unsolved cases.   In comes a beautiful socialite with two children.  Her ex husband also suffered from PTSD which is part of the reason for the EX part. The ex is an interesting character due to his parental origin and the modest circumstances of his environment growing up.  Amelia marries him anyway and eventually her Dad comes around.  But the Dad commits suicide or so it seems but is it suicide? 
 Allegedly this ex was caught cheating with this man’s wife and the guy did not appreciate it. He allegedly killed them both, the ex and the cheating wife that is. Amelia must testify at the "murderer's" trial.  Things are not what they seem in this book.  There are a lot of questions that come up, some murders that need to be solved and a little romance to add some flavor to the story. 
I enjoyed the book.  It is a fun what's going on book.

No comments:

Post a Comment