Friday, January 17, 2014

Will the Dishwasher Become Extinct?

 
I don't mind doing dishes.  I like dipping my hands into warm sudsey water.  I feel a certain satisfaction as I wash a plate and see how shiny and clean it becomes.  But I am so in the minority.  My family hates washing dishes.  They hate putting dishes in the dishwasher.  They would rather pile them in the sink.  I can't stand dishes in a sink.

I just read an article and it now it seems plates are being created that will not need to be washed.  I am sure there are a lot of people jumping up and down for joy.  Think of the reduced water bills and how much can be saved on dish detergent.  And will yet another appliance become extinct.  Who knows but it is an interesting article.
http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/ideas/2014/01/this-self-cleaning-plate-may-mean-youll-never-have-to-do-the-dishes/

No comments:

Post a Comment