Monday, January 20, 2014

Sunday Notes On Monday




Wow what a week.  It was crazy busy but at least the weather warmed up to a toasty 32 or so degrees.  I can’t complain I like cold weather and I love to watch it snow except when I am driving.  For me you can always layer up or down in the winter.  There is pretty much nothing you can do when it’s hot.  You can only layer down so much when you are out in public.

So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on hard covers but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

Once again I did not reach my goal.  There is one book that is number one on the list this week that I have added to my list The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd.  Many of you might be familiar with this author since she has written several other books including The Secret Life of Bees which I loved and the Mermaid Chair.


If you are looking for a fun read I just finished Big Girl Panties so look for my post on the book  this Wednesday.  If you want something that is not too deep, a romance novel and fun this is your book. 

In case you missed my posts from this past week check out The First Phone Call From Heaven and The Cake Mix Doctor.  I really recommend the Cake Mix Doctor for those of you who don't really bake a lot because the author takes your basic cake mix and adds some great ingredients for a way more interesting outcome.  I love it.  I havealready started to experiment on friends and they are still my friends so it must be ok.

On my upcoming reading choices I have The Circle and The Last Patriot.  The Last Patriot is not new but I have read other books by the author and have liked them.  It is a fast paced thriller.  Again good for enjoyment and relaxation.  Till next week.  Happy reading.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment