Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lentils who knew

Taking lentils, easily, to the next level


I wish I could say I am a vegetarian.  I probably would feel and look better but I am not a vegetarian.  When I first got married my husband and I were almost vegetarians meaning we mostly eliminated animal proteins from our diet but we did occasionally eat them especially when we went out.

I guess one of the biggest reasons I am not a vegetarian is because I really don’t know how to cook so that our meals taste good.  Sure I can do steamed veggies like everyone else but I am not so great making entrée type dishes. But one of the things that I promised myself was that I wanted to feel better this year so when I saw this article about Lentils in the Washington Post I was ecstatic.  In addition to the article there was a recipe for lentil quinoa Bolognese that I couldn’t resist. 

I know some of my foodie friends are very mindful of preparing healthy dinners for their families so I have included the link for the article and the Bolognese recipe below.  Enjoy.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/lentils-beyond-soups-and-stews-have-you-ever-had-them-like-this/2014/01/06/2c2d401a-7484-11e3-9389-09ef9944065e_story.html


 Lentil Quinoa Bolognese Recipe 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/recipes/lentil-quinoa-bolognese-sauce/13835/

No comments:

Post a Comment