Friday, May 29, 2020

A Twist on the Macarena in the time of COVID




I am not particularly into reality show with one exception, Dancing with the Stars. I love dance.  My dream of dancing professionally came to roaring stop when I hurt my back when I was 11. 

 I was watching You tube and found some interesting dance videos. I want to share one with you.

Everyone at some time in their life has been at some party when the Macarena plays. People swarm the dance floor and just have fun. The reason for the popularity of this dance song is that everyone can do some version of the dance even if you have two left feet.  

Two dancers participated in the Budafest West Coast Swing 2020.   The couples are matched right before they dance and get to choose their music but they only have three music choices.  They listen to the first choice and can either stick or twist.  If they twist they hear the second choice.  Again they can stick or twist but the third time they listen to the music choice they must stick. 

It is hard enough to dance with a person that you have rehearsed with for days, weeks, months or years. This couple looked like they were dancing together for a long time.  They are dancing and improvising as the go. Their song choice ended up to be the macarena and they danced a swing/macarena fusion. It was soooo good. Check out the you tube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment