Sunday, May 24, 2020

A Picnic in the time of COVID


It was a Saturday afternoon, the Governor announced that the state was moving into Stage one of a gradual return to everyday life.  What it meant was things were starting to open to the public.  Not confident about being to close to people, we decided  to go to a park and have a picnic and enjoy the great outdoors.

Wouldn't you know it, it rained.  Did that deter us.  Heck no.  We brought the picnic indoors.   My friend Pam is the Picnic queen.  Her picnics are a foodie dream.  So I channeled her creativity and I looked in my fridge and pantry and here is what I came up with.


The main course was a wrap made with a sun dried tomato basil tortilla. For all of you watching your carbs and calories, the tortilla is only 60 calories, 6 g net carbs, 6 g fiber and surprisingly very tasty.  I spread some spicy guacamole on the tortilla, then added a marinated, chicken tender and several fresh red pepper strips.

I had a small side side salad and then created a fruit parfait with blueberries and strawberries layered in vanilla greek yogurt.   Brownies, store bought rounded out the meal. I wasn't up to baking brownies.

It turned out to be a lovely picnic. 







No comments:

Post a Comment