Saturday, May 2, 2020

Netflix in the Time of COVID Part 1 Romance




Despite what you might think, I think it takes tremendous talent to write a good romance novel.  I doubt very few of you guys read them but maybe you should.  It wouldn't hurt your relationships if you were to tap into your feminine side.  Your gender doesn't matter, everyone has a feminine and masculine side.

I think that Romance novels are highly under rated.  A good Romance novel makes the nasty world outside of your window go away.  There are two sure things about a Romance novel 1. love is involved and 2. they have happy endings.  If those two elements are not in the book, it is not a true romance novel. A really good romance novel depends on how well the author develops the plot and the characters.  Just like thrillers and literary fiction not all romance novels are alike. 

Robyn Carr is a romance author that has written many books. I like her novels.  She has good characters, some good story line and  beautiful if not rugged settings.  One of her collections is known as the Virgin River series. So when I was looking to pass some time away sheltering in place as so many of us are these days, I checked out Netflix.

Low and behold netflix has a series entitled Virgin River based on the Virgin River books.  Ten glorious episodes and I watched all 10.  I didn't watch them all at once.  Of course not.  I watched 5 of them one night and made myself wait until the next evening to finish the rest. I had to have something to look forward to.

 I really liked how they made the adaptation and would suggest you read the novels and then watch the series on netflix.  

Ladies, Hallmark has some definite competition.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment