Monday, May 18, 2020

Staycations in the time of COVID






Everybody needs a holiday especially in the time of COVID.  Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem possible without risking your health. To try and trick myself into thinking I am on vacation, I try to shuffle around my usually scheduled day with things I don't do everyday.

The weekends are an example of changing my routine.  Saturday or Sunday mornings, I have started making more elaborate breakfasts.  So far I have made Banana Pancakes, blueberry waffles and some incredible omelettes.  Actually, I can't take credit for the omelettes, that is my husband's area of expertise.  My two favorites of his are Pastrami and Swiss Omelette and the Chili Cheese omelette.  I can guarantee you will not be hungry for awhile after eating either of those dishes.  Of course I make bacon, because isn't everything better with bacon?

I also set the table,  No paper.  Pour orange juice and just relax and chat and eat.  

I always have my kindle loaded with books and a stack by my bed.  I have just decided to start my summer reading now.  Romance novels and thrillers are top on my list.  If it is sunny and warm I put my feet up on the chaise on the deck.  If it is cold I sit by my fireplace.  In the last two weeks it was actually cold enough to light the fire.  Crazy I know.

It's also margarita Saturdays at my house.  The ninja is out from under the cabinet and I am becoming quite the expert at making fruity adult beverages.  This past Saturday I made a mixed berry margarita made with strawberries, blackberries and blueberries and Tequila. It definitely put me in a more jovial mood.  They go well with nachos. Heck they go well with everything and think of all the vitamins and antioxidants they contain.  

Hey I am not delusional.  Nothing beats a real vacation but Here are some suggestions you might want to try. Desperate times means desperate measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment