Friday, May 8, 2020

Easy Baking in the time of COVID - Red Velvet Cookies




I have a colleague who is an amazing baker. People fight over her cookies and lemon meringue pie. She is kind enough to reserve a tin of her assorted mix for myself and my team. That takes the pressure off of me to bring in sweet treats to the office.

There is nothing that motivates the guys on my team more than food.  They wait all year for these cookies.  It really doesn't take too much to make an IT team happy, just a little love and a whole lot of cookies.  The sugar in the cookies keep us going when we are working long shifts.

I can't compete with my colleague nor do I even want to try, however, the holiday season is cookie season and I have a few recipes that are somewhat simple and taste good. I discovered this recipe when I was baking for the holidays this past December.  They were a hit with my friends and family and so I am sharing this three ingredient cookie (4 if you add chips) recipe with you.

                                         Red Velvet Cookies


One box of Red Devil Cake Mix
Two Whole Eggs
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/2 white Chocolate chips 


Instructions

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients together.  Then drop the batter by spoonful onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. 

To make it easier to drop the dough onto the pan, I spray my food with a little cooking spray and they drop right off.

You can substitute a stick of softened butter for the vegetable oil.  If you don't want as sweet a cookie omit the chips. You can also add 1/4 tsp vanilla to intensify the flavor.

Don't wait for the holidays.  Make them now. I did.






*-

No comments:

Post a Comment