Friday, May 22, 2020

Amazon Prime video in the time of COVID The future



I am an Amazon Prime member and with that membership I get to  binge watch just like I do on Netflix.  I must say Amazon has done a good job with original content. Here are four of my favorites in no particular order.


          Upload
          Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan
          The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
        
I started watching Upload as soon as it was released.  It takes place in 2033 only thirteen years from now.  That's not really that far in the future.  You see people wearing 95 masks and there isn't even a COVID Pandemic.  Maybe no on told them that it was over.

Things look pretty much the same except that there is little more advanced technology, especially when dealing with the after life.  Technology now exists that captures the knowledge stored in your brain and what makes you, you. They Upload everything on servers and you are transported to a new existence.  The premise being that science will catch up with this technology and you will be returned to your body or if that is not what you want, your loved ones can join you in the afterlife and you can live for an eternity together.

But all is not what it appears to be when this man is killed when his self driving ?car malfunctions or dies it malfunction.  Was it tampered with.  Will his thought processes be tampered with to get information on projects he was working on?

Watch it and see.  I has me hooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment