Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Pizza a Family affair especially n the time of COVID


Chicken Pesto Pizza



Pizza is a sacred food.  I had my first experience with pizza when I began teething.  My parents would take me on family night to this wonderful Italian restaurant not too far from Gimbel's  NY where my Dad worked. In order to keep me busy, they would let me teeth on pizza crust and from that day forward I was totally and blissfully hooked.

Do I remember this?  Certainly not.  I was a year or two.  But they told me and I had it confirmed by the waiter several years later who apparently was the guy who served us.  It seems my parents were regulars and he would often wait on their table.  

Pizza is a great way to use up leftover veggies and meats from your fridge. If you are willing to let your imagination go crazy you can come up with the greatest combinations

My wine club meets at least once a year at this amazing cabin in the Mountains of by God West Virginia.  It is usually for three days and one of the nights is designated as pizza night.  Did I mention that Pizza goes incredibly well with wine. Since we tend to drink a lot of wine on that weekend, pizza does help soak up some of the alcohol.  It softens the hangover the next day. The mozzarella used on many of our pizzas seems to pair welll with many wines.

Some of the greatest combinations have been the crab dip and grilled steak  combo, the chicken pesto pizza, the rueben and the pear and brie pizza. Hopefully there will be many more weekends and many more creations..

Making pizza dinner can be a family affair and great activity in the time of COVID.  I found this Youtube video that is a good how to on making pizza.  One tip from our wine club resident pizza chef is to use King Arthur flour.  Take the tip, her pizza is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment