Thursday, June 11, 2020

Mojito Marinade in the time of Covid


Grilling, gotta love it. I know I love this time of year because, one, I am off the hook for preparing our meals at least twice a week.  My husband, happens to be an excellent grill master.  He likes grilling so much that he took a grilling class. 

Second, the food tastes so good.  We throw practically everything on the grill including vegetables.  Zucchini, eggplant, corn and onions are my favorites.

Third,  using different marinades changes up the flavors.  Every time I prepare chicken I mix up a new marinade since they are very easy to throw together.  I can let my creative juices flow so to speak. 

I know for many of us living with COVID has driven us to drink.  That is why when I saw this Mojito Marinade, I had to share it with you although I don't now why it's called Mojito because the only ingredient it shares is lime juice. Here it is and I have added a mojito coctktail recipe after the marinade.


  1. Pulse the garlic and onion in a blender until very finely chopped. Pour in orange juice, lime juice; season with cumin, oregano, lemon-pepper, black pepper, salt, cilantro, and hot pepper sauce. Blend until thoroughly incorporated. Pour in the olive oil, and blend until smooth.
Mojito Cocktail

10 fresh mint leaves
1/2 fresh lime cut in quarters
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 cup ice cubes
1 1/2 ounces white rum
1/2 cup club soda

Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass. Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice. Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture. Fill the glass almost to the top with ice. Pour the rum over the ice, and fill the glass with carbonated water. Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.

Have a wonderful BBQ!


No comments:

Post a Comment