Thursday, May 14, 2015

A Wedding In Provence



Summer is coming and I am switching into my summer reading mode. What this means is finding books that I can just read and relax.  Imagine it is a nice warm day on the beach.  Maybe there is a slight breeze. You have your SPF 30, 40 or 50 slathered on, an ice cold beverage in your hand and you are comfortably settled into your chair under a beach umbrella.  You whip out your book and the world slowly melts away.  You are in the zone.  When I am in the zone I am either reading a light beach read or I am reading something really meaty.  Either way there is nothing I would rather be doing at that moment than to read. 

At the moment I am doing some light reading and I will share the books with  you as I finish them. These are the kind of books that you can read in a couple of hours or maybe a few days depending on your reading speed. 


The book  A Wedding in Provence is an example of the lighter reading choice.  It takes place as the title suggests in Cassis, France part of Provence. It is a beautiful coastal town with pretty colored buildings of yellow, beige and salmon with white boats dotting the coastline. I can just picture myself there.

Olivia is here to get married to Brody.  After her divorce she never thought she would marry again but she is wildly happy. Crazy things happen at weddings and this one is no exception. She is having the wedding at a B an B owned by her best friend Emily.   The wedding is small, just family but each family member carries their own baggage and I do not mean suitcases.  Her daughter Nell shows up with a man she met on the plane. Her daughter Carly ends up coming alone because her significant other bales on her just as they are to leave for the airport. Sounds like he and she are on different wave lengths.  There are other guests as well and so Olivia finds herself in the midst of all these characters.  Trying to deal with them and her wedding is making her life very interesting. Weddings seem to bring out the best in worst in family.  If you have had a wedding I think you know what I mean.

This author is the author of the book  French Lessons.  These two books would be good to put on your beach read list.

No comments:

Post a Comment