Saturday, June 13, 2020

Melania The Art of Her Deal






I don't usually like to talk politics. I love my friends and family too much and one thing I have learned is if you want to get into a nasty situation with people, talk politics.  

I remember when I first met my Mother-In-Law she stared talking politics and I knew if I engaged in this debate with her it would be all over for me.  She asked me why I wouldn't comment and I told her the last thing I wanted was a fight.  Believe me the conversation would have gotten ugly. 

Now it is my husband and daughter.  They just go on and on and I try to stay out of it but sometimes I just can't.

Any way, There is a new book being released on June 16th written by a Washington Post reporter. Mary Jordan is not any reporter, she is a Pulitzer prize winning reporter, so for me that gives her some credibility.

One of the most fascinating parts of Trump's presidency, and there are so many, is the role of the First Lady.  Unlike the last couple of First ladies, you don't see her much at all not alone or with her husband. There are no pictures of them entertaining celebrities or foreign dignities at the White House.  You don't see them on a date at their favorite restaurant. 

Each of the First Ladies had a cause that they talked about.  Hilary Clinton was into many things but Health care and women's issues were two examples. Barbara Bush was heavily into literacy and started a Foundation.  Laura Bush also was into literacy. Michele Obama was into health and fitness.

The cause that Melania chose, an excellent cause near and dear to my heart was bullying.  But the press and many people including myself laughed about that because it seemed like she was married to the biggest bully on the planet. Yet,  had she wanted to, she could have made it work.  She didn't.  In fact, she is doing nothing to make this role her own.  

Unlike other posts on my blog, I don't usually talk about a book I have not read.  I am making an exception now.  I have pre-ordered the book so I really don't know anything more about the book except what was reported in the Washington Post.  Still I can't wait to read it.

So I am suggestion that you read the book with me.  You can follow this Link to pick up the book The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story Of Melania Trump.  After I read it I would love to hear comments because I will be posting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment