Friday, June 19, 2020

Precariously placed buildings



I have a fear of heights. Many people do.  But building places on a precipice to me is fascinating and just a little bit crazy.  

Take for example The Hanging Temple in China.  It has been hanging around for more than 1,500 years.  The structure is kept in place with oak crossbeams fitted into holes chiseled int the cliffs.  The body of the building hangs from the middle of the cliff.  To think that people built this structure with basic tools and none of the technology we have today is sheer genius. The fact that it is just amazing. It is almost 100 feet in the air.

If I had the opportunity to visit would I?  I think I would.  But as with some of the other examples in this link I don't think I would stay very long.




No comments:

Post a Comment