Sunday, June 7, 2020

Variations on the theme of Tater Tots Part 2 The fritatta



What a shock, once again I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep. 

I decided to make a breakfast frittata with one of my new favorite ingredients Tater tots.  There is just something about these puffs of potato that works for me. Frittatas are a wonderful way to use ingredients right from your fridge. 

All of you have made them, it's really nothing new but I liked the ingredients I used so I will share my combo with you.

I started off baking about two cups of tater tots until they were crispy.  

While they cook I diced a small red pepper and a small onion. 

I drained a 15.5 ounce can of black beans and dried them off. You will only need 1/2 can so save the other half to combine with fresh corn and some salsa to make mexican chicken.

I beat 6 eggs and 1/4 cup half and half together.

Once the tater tots are crispy, I layered the bottom of a greased 8 x 8 square baking dish.  

I added the diced veggies, at least a cup of cheddar and the black beans.

I then added the egg mixture and baked until the eggs were cooked all the way through. (center firm)  It takes about 45 minutes at 350.

The reason I like to make Frittatas is because they are very forgiving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment