Friday, June 5, 2020

A trip to the Space Station






I have always been fascinated by space travel.  I am a big fan of science fiction books and I love to watch space related movies.   I can't tell you how many times I watched the Martian and read the book.

I was saddened when the 30 year old space shuttle program shut down after the Atlantis landed on July 21, 2011. The maintenance for the space craft, the economy, loss of interest and the perception that the program was not moving forward were some of the reason the program ended. It was truly the end of an era of wonderment and excitement.  

Still there is new hope.  The Dragon launched by a joint effort between SpaceX and Nasa docked with the International Space Station on May 31st. All it took was nineteen hours to get to the space station.  Amazing! It is the first time in nine years American astronauts were on an american made space shuttle that was launched from American soil. It's truly great to see the US moving forward again.


You can read all the facts in this link.



No comments:

Post a Comment