Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Quick Bread in the time of COVID



For some reason I woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided I would make this recipe I found for Zucchini Blueberry bread.  The blueberries I started with were plump and sweet.  Perfect for eating a handful or using them to bake.  

This recipe did not disappoint.  It came out moist and the flavor was delicious so I thought I would share it with you.  I know Zucchini Chocolate Chip bread is very popular and I like it but I think the blueberries instead of the chocolate chips make this bread a little better.  That is just my opionion.


Zucchini Blueberry Bread

3 lightly beaten eggs
1 cup of vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 c of sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 pint of blueberries

Lightly beat eggs and mix all ingredients together,  Folding in the blueberries last.  The batter is very thick.  Pour into two loaf pans and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

That is how simple it is.  By the way I decreased the sugar  by 1/4 cup and I could have probably could decreased it by a half of a cup but that is a matter of preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment