Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Hit by David Baldacci




Who is the good guy who is the bad guy?  It is certainly hard to know in David Baldacci’s book The Hit. There are two “Hit Men” working for of all things the US government.  Well let me say it is a US government Agency with no jurisdiction but what seems to be a lot of power to me.   The mission of these assassinators are to remove those people who do not share the same political interests as the government.  On one level this book is just your ordinary murder for hire kind of book.  On the other hand the thought of having paid assassins take out people for political reasons is down right scary and it makes you wonder how close to the truth the plot of this book is.

While I liked this book, it was not my favorite.  I much preferred Baldacci's John Puller books which include Zero Day and The Forgotten.  


 

2 comments:

  1. I think you missed discussing the info that sometimes bad guys can have moments of illumination and kindness and that as human beings we are a mix not just one personality

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that what makes the Human Race so special is their ability to know what is good and what is bad. And yes I agree that in every human there exists good and bad but I would hope that because of the higher power of the human brain and a moral compass there would be way more moments of illumination and kindness and less hate and thoughts of killing. Such a naïve thought by me

    ReplyDelete