Sunday, July 21, 2013

Have you ever Heard of Ted Talks



 







I met a friend at Nordstrom's Café the other day.  We hadn't seen each other in awhile and so we had a lot of things to catch up on. It was great to just be able to sit and chat. Towards the end of the conversation we chatted briefly about books and she happened to mention something called TED talks. At first I thought she was going to start talking about the movie Ted which people find incredible funny or incredibly stupid.  Sorry you Ted/Seth McFarland fans I am not one of the people thinking it is really funny.  It has fleetingly funny moments but they are tiny moments. 

She specifically recommended one on work life balance which I am sure many of you are struggling to find and so I watched it when I got home.  I have included the link below. And because I was curious I went to the TED Website to find out what TED was all about and this is what their website said:

TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader.

TED's mission statement begins:
 


We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world. So we're building here a clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the world's most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other  the non-profit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading 


Work Life Balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdpIKXLLYYM


Work Life Balance is very important to me and it is one of the harder things for me to achieve.  Recent events in my life have caused me to mull this over even more.  We are on this earth for such a short period of time and there is so much to do.  My bucket list never gets any shorter.  If I do manage to accomplish something on it, something always takes its place. One of the things he talks about is spending an afternoon with his young son.  The simplicity of this day, spending quality time with a loved one is what made it so special. 


No comments:

Post a Comment