Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Over the moon for the Supermoon





I was at my book club meeting having a great night out.  After the book discussion one of the members brought up the fact that the very weekend of our meeting coincided with the appearance of the Supermoon.  I love the moon.  I always envied Neil Armstrong because he got to walk on the moon.
When I was in middle school I wrote to NASA and asked them for information about the moon and planets.  I can tell you I was quite surprised when I received a personal letter inviting me to think about exploring a career at the agency once I graduated college.  I guess very few females contacted them at the time.  I actually thought about it for a half a second.  I thought wouldn't it be cool to fly in a space ship.  Unfortunately, I suffer from extreme motion sickness and if I couldn't fly I wanted no part of it. 
Any way I stayed up to see this bigger moon and it was beautiful but not as beautiful as this picture taken by Mike Long over the French Alps.  Read the article and enjoy the picture.
 

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/23/19102639-supermoon-makes-a-big-impression-share-your-super-snapshots?chromedomain=science&lite






 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment