Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cronuts Is the Doughnut going to become endangered?


Owner Dominique Ansel shows off one of the Cronuts at Dominique Ansel Bakery in SoHo.



If you have been watching the news you may have heard that a bakery in New York, Dominique Ansel Bakery has introduced a new confection.  It is the merging of a doughnut and a croissant, both delicious in their own right.  It has foodies in New York going crazy.  Crazy enough to get up early and stand in line for a chance to get one or two or maybe even three of these delicate morsels at $5 a pop.  And to make this craze even crazier only 250 of these cronuts are baked a day so when they are gone for the day they are gone.  Now I would love to try one of these but I am not sure I would wake up early and stand on line to try and buy one.  I guess I have failed as a serious foodie.  Or maybe I am a just a purist and like my donuts to be donuts and croissants to be croissants.  Either way if I were in New York and the line wasn't to terribly long, I would consider trying one.  See the article below.



http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/cronuts-sugar-bombs-sweetness-article-1.1359260

No comments:

Post a Comment