Monday, July 29, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday. What''s Good to Read?



Sunday Notes on Monday


So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

This week I have read two on the list, Beautiful Ruins and Ender's Game.  I have once again fallen short of my goal of three on the list.  But on my list for this week's blog posts are another Catherine Coulter book Bombshell  and a book called Sight Reading. What surprised me about these two books is that music is an integral part of the story line. 

I have a whole stack of books next to my bed to get through and at this point I am not sure what I will pick up after I finish Sight Reading and Bombshell.  My book club book is definitely on the top of the list since the meeting is in two weeks.  The book of the month is the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. This book happens to be on the paperback non-fiction list coming in at number 7.  I like to read my book club selection the week before book club so everything is fresh in my memory.  It would be interesting to know how many of you are in book clubs and if you wait till right before your meeting to read the book.  I have to admit that sometimes I have cut it a little to close and the day of the meeting I am scrambling to get the book read. My book pick for the club is next and I am trying to decide which one to choose.

So have a wonderful week and make sure you pick up a book to read.

Click on the titles below for more info


        












No comments:

Post a Comment