Monday, July 15, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday What's good to Read



Sunday Notes on Monday


So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

So I am sad to report this week that I have not read one single book on the fiction paperback bestseller list from the Post this week.  And what is sadder is there really isn't much to add.  Well maybe I will add the Catherine Coulter novel Backfire. 
It is another Savich and Sherlock FBI thriller and I really like that series.  In fact check out my post on the book The Maze this week.  Same dynamic duo is featured in that book.

What surprised me this week was that I had read one of the books on the non fiction list and I am reading another. I generally am a fiction reader but lately I find myself reading a lot more non fiction. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail came in as number 7.  I really enjoyed reading this book and you can check out my post on April 3, 2013 for more details.  I am now reading the number 8 book The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.  So I guess I can give myself 1 and one half points for that.  I guess it wasn't a total wash out after all. Have a great week.

 Click on any of the books below to enter the Amazon website.



       














 

No comments:

Post a Comment