Wednesday, October 30, 2013

And Thereby Hangs a Tale




I usually do not read short stories. And here is why, I like the time it takes in a novel to develop the characters and the plot.  I like to plod slowly and gently down the path and try to figure out where the path leads.  In short stories the author really has to be good for you to feel like you know something about the characters and see the direction they are heading.

I found this collection of short stories by Jeffrey Archer on a drive by.  I drove by the library to pick up books I had on hold and there it was waiting to be plucked off the shelf.  The only reason the book got checked out on my library card is I like Jeffrey Archer and I had read another collection of his short stories entitled A Quiver Full of Arrows which I really enjoyed.  Both of these collections have stories that were both intriguing and humorous and I admit I really enjoyed them.  I would recommend both of these collections especially if you are looking to read something at night before going to sleep and don’t want to worry about getting completely caught up and unable to find a stopping point to put down the book to get some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZs.  You also may want to pick up some of his novels.  I liked Kane and Abel and The Prodigal Daughter.  You can also check out my post on his book Only Time Will Tell from June 15, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment