Friday, October 4, 2013

Bibliotech No More Books How sad







No more books in this library how sad. And for that matter why bother.  Who needs to go into a storefront type "library"  filled with computers and no books.  Ok so you can borrow a reader, big deal.  Amazon has made them so reasonably priced almost anyone can have one. 
 
My question is why have something like this at all?  Why waste good retail space?  I mean I go to my local library site all the time and download books to my kindle.  Why in the heck would I want to go to a Bibliotech. I mean if we are ultimately moving away from the printed book than we can just download books from our home computers or  tablets while we are drinking our coffee and wearing our most comfy and raggedy pajamas.  And won't it be a sad day when a library as we know it no longer exists because it is not just about books.  It is all about the resources and the community that the library provides a place to gather, a place to study away from your room, house etc. .  No computer terminal in a store is going to replace that.  And you can call me a fossil but I love a book in hand and pages to turn.

 Check out the link below to see the new Bibliotech.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=53007602&#53007602

No comments:

Post a Comment