Monday, October 28, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday



So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hardcovers but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

I never do well with the Hard back book list.  This week was no exception.  I have read nothing on the list and that includes fiction and non-fiction.  In fact work was so crazy this past week that I was too tired to even keep up with my usual reading pace. I did manage to finish The Rosie Project which is a humorous account of the effect of one person on another.  I also just completed The World Without Us which is an interesting non-fiction study on what would happen to the earth and all the inventions of humans if all of us were to disappear.  It is amazing when you think about it and this book makes you think about it.

For the upcoming week I have two books on my list to read.  One is the third in my foodie series called Meet Me at the Cupcake CafĂ©.  The book also includes recipes with my personal favorite The Orange cupcakes with Orange Marmalade Icing. The other book is called The Goldfinch about a boy who survives and accident in which his mother is killed.

For more information on any of this books click below.  Have a great week.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment