Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Cafe




In my previous post dated September 24th I mentioned that I would be on a quest to find good books with a food type theme in the title. It just makes it more fun for me when I am picking my books.  This book is the first in that series. 

Ellen is very close with her Grandmother.  When with her dying breath she tells Ellen to make sure a letter she has written gets to its intended recipient Ellen decides to hand deliver it.  She drives from Manhattan where she is a very successful lawyer engaged to an up and coming politician, to Beacon, Maine where her Grandmother was born she is surprised to find out things she never knew. The journey literally placed her on a path she never thought she would follow.

I read this book in a hospital emergency room and it was just what the doctor ordered figuratively of course.  It was a light, fun romance novel and quite frankly, I can use some of those every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment