Monday, October 7, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday



So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

This week I exceeded my goal.  I have read The Hit, The Casual Vacancy, The Great Gatsby and The Forgotten and my bonus non-fiction point for Into the Wild. Unfortunately, there is no other books on the paperback bestseller list that I care to add to my reading list. Not to worry I always have a stack of books or downloaded to my kindle by my bed.

This week I will blog about book one in my Foodie series on the book The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and CafĂ© a story about a granddaughter fulfilling a Grandmother's dying wish and discovering things about her she never knew. I am finishing up The  Bone Bed so I will let you know about that.  Also stay tuned for book two in my foodie series.  I love it and just in case you are looking for a holiday gift, this may fit the bill. And if you missed my Post on The End of Your Life Book Club, go take a look.  The book really hit home for me. 

And on a sad note was the death of Tom Clancy.  I loved his books but my two Favorite were Hunt for Red October and Patriot Games.  If you haven't read them, give them a try.


Enjoy your week!


         


 

No comments:

Post a Comment