Sunday, October 6, 2013

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"



I did an internship at University of Maryland Hospital in Baltimore.  There were a dozen of us and we all got along pretty well.  Occasionally we would all walk to Lexington Market and instead of bringing the food back to the hospital we would go to Edgar Allan Poe's House and have lunch with him.  Well actually not with him since he died in 1849 hundreds of years before we were even born, but at his grave site. I don't know why we did it we just did.
For all those Poe fans out there if you are in Baltimore there is a special Poe celebration going on Oct 7th.  If you are around and interested check it out.  Below is the first stanza to his poem The Raven and also the link for the Poe Event.

  
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more."




http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/going-out-guide/wp/2013/10/04/learn-about-edgar-allan-poe-while-sipping-creepy-cocktails/

No comments:

Post a Comment