Thursday, October 3, 2013

Summer was for Jams, Fall is for butters




This summer I dabbled in jam.  I had a lot of fun.  I stuck with peach and strawberry and they turned out relatively good.  Now it is the fall and pears and apples are the fruit of choice so I decided to make apple butter and pear butter and I am happy to say that both came out ok.  I will admit that the commercial brands are a wee bit better but I am working on the recipe.  All I know is that apple or pear butter tastes great with peanut butter.  And as all of you know an apple a day keeps the doctor away although I doubt eating a teaspoon of Apple Butter has the same benefits as a raw apple.

I have included a link of the recipe I used.  The only difference is I used granny smith and gala.  I think my next adventure will be to make pumpkin butter.  After all I am on a roll.


http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/apple_butter/

No comments:

Post a Comment