Monday, September 30, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday




So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hardcover but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

This week I failed to reach my goal although that isn't surprising because I usually wait for books to be released in paperback.  I have one fiction book The Cuckoo's Calling and one non-fiction Lean In that are on the list. Both were good reads.  This week I will be blogging on two new books The Cellist of Sarajevo and The End of Your Life Book Club.  Both are very good books but they are on the more serious side. 

I have been trying to read more non-fiction and you know my fascination with titles.  That was what lead me to pick up the book The End of Your Life Book Club. It definitely struck a chord for me and ended up to be very personal.

If you read my blog on September 24th you know I have set myself up for a new quest. Check out the post to see what I am talking about. So this Week on my reading list is The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and CafĂ©. I hope it reads as good as it sounds.

Just to wet your whistle the opening paragraph to this book is  "I heard someone yell but it was too late.  the wooden planks of the dock sagged beneath me and gave way. Boards splintered, rotten lumber snapped, and I plunged ten feet into the Maine frigid ocean."  Isn't that enticement enough to see what happened to the person?  Check back.

Click on any of the books below for more info. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment