Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Continuing Commentary on Cruising




I guess I just don’t run out of reasons for saying I will never ever go on a cruise.  The cruise lines, in what I think is an attempt to attract people back to their ships, are doing all kinds of marketing things to accomplish this feat.  They need to really!  Capsized ships that take 18 months to get back up out of the water and fires in engines causing 1, 000s to be stranded at sea does not make good press.  I think I might be safe that some of the people on those unfortunate ships will share my sentiments and not go back onto a ship.  I also think those who were contemplating a cruise might be giving it a second thought.  Hey but that's just me.
 
The latest is a campaign to attract foodies and I know that is a large audience. Many of you my friends could easily be grouped into this category. Well, if you can stomach the thought of being on a ship for an extended period of time ( and by extended I mean more than a few hours)  some of these trips my tickle your fancy.  Two trips in particular at least got my attention.  The Dancing with the Stars: At Sea by Holland America and the Paula Deen Cruise by Celebrity.
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Dancing with the Stars.  It is one of the only reality shows I watch regularly.  Tristan MacManus and Sabrina Bryan however,are not enough of an incentive to get me to come on board and as much as I like Paula Deen minus some of the ignorant things she said she would not get me on a ship either.  And if I was sitting at an Oprah show and she yelled out in her signature way you and you and you, all of you are going on a cruise to Australia with me, I still would say no thank you.    But I am sure many would jump at the chance.  So below is the link to an article in this Sunday's Washington Post that talks all about it and gives all the info you would need to book your next cruise.
 
 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/on-celebritys-top-chef-cruise-food-and-fun-are-on-the-menu/2013/09/19/05e74118-1fb5-11e3-b7d1-7153ad47b549_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment