Monday, September 2, 2013

Sunday News on Monday. What's Good to Read



So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hardcovers but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

This week I have once again met my goal.  I have read the number 1 and 2 book on the list: The Cuckoo's Calling and Inferno.  The third book is Gone Girl which I was very surprised to see since the book has been out for quite awhile meaning people usually pick it up in paperback. Therefore, you would expect to see it on the paperback bestseller list only.  I am giving myself a bonus point since I have also read the book Lean In:  Women, Work and the Will to Lead.

Check back on Wednesday for my post on Lean In and Saturday for my post on The Cuckoo's calling or click on the books below for more info.  Amazon has reduced the price of the kindle version of The Cuckoo's Calling.   It probably is temporary so if you are thinking of downloading it to a kindle you might want to consider doing it soon.  I am finding it a very interesting read.  Till next week.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment