Monday, September 23, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday





So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

Just quickly I have met my Goal.  On the  list The Forgotten, Ender's Game, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Casual Vacancy and my bonus point for the non-fiction book  The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. One book that did catch my interest is The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell and I have added to my list and hope to read it in the next few weeks.  I have not read any of Patricia Cornwell's novels so I think I might start with this one.  Did I hear a gasp out there when I said I have never read a Cornwell novel?

I am  in the middle of several good books that I will be talking about in the next week or so.  I am finishing up The English Girl by Daniel Silva, a very fast paced novel that I am enjoying.  I am also working on The Cellist of Sarajevo which is for my book club's next meeting and Heaven is for Real which is written by a father whose four year old had a near death experience.  So check back often.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment