Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Ocean at the End of the Lane




I found myself unable to sleep one evening last week, what a shock, so I ended up reaching for a book on my nightstand.  Did I mention that I always have a book on my nightstand and one on my kindle just ready to grab for this purpose? I had the Ocean at the End of The Lane sitting there because it has been off and on the New York Times and Washington Post Bestseller list and I was drawn by the title.
I found this book captivating.  It is about this young boy who I guess you can say befriends a "young" girl at the end of this lane.  He is a quiet boy with no friends and when he meets this girl he is drawn to her.  They strike up a friendship right away. 
Things start taking an interesting turn when the boarder who has recently checked into the boys home turns up dead not to far from the boys house and the girls farm.  This sets off a series of events that makes this book so intriguing. 
Needless to say I finished the book in a couple of hours so you know it held my attention.  Check it out.  I think you might enjoy it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment