Monday, September 9, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday




So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

I did meet my goal this week.  In the number 2 spot is The Forgotten(see post on January 25, 2013) a David Baldacci novel featuring one of my favorite of his characters John Puller.  Puller shows up in two of his books, this one and Zero Day (post Sept, 22,2012) to date is my favorite of his books.  I just recently read The Hit which was also good (July 13,2013).

In the number 5 spot, The Casual Vacancy(November 24, 2012 post).  Not my favorite Rowling novel but a fun read is her newest The Cucokoo's Calling written under the name Robert Galbraith (Sept 7).  A surprising addition to this list was To Kill a Mockingbird which is a true classic and if I am not mistaken on the High School Reading List or maybe Middle School.  Either way great book, if you haven't read it you might want to consider it.  If you have read, you might want to pick it up again.

On the Non fiction list are two books that I have read, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks  (Aug 10) and Into the Wild.  While I really enjoyed Into the Wild, if you are going to pick up a Jon Krakauer book, start with Into Thin Air about the climb to Mount Everest. Riveting!


If you are interested in downloading any of these books or order the book itself please click on one of the books below and enter Amazon.com through my website. Once there order anything you wish.  Happy reading!


       

No comments:

Post a Comment