Monday, September 16, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday




So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

This week I have exceeded my goal. I have read four out of ten.  Added to my last weeks list of The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird and The Casual Vacancy, The Forgotten has once again appeared on the list.  I love the Main character in this book, John Puller.  This is his second appearance in David Baldacci's novels.  The first time was in Zero Day which I really loved.

Reading the books on the bestseller list is nice but  I think this Fall I am going to take a different path.  I am going to try to read some books that might be great but just haven't gotten the attention and respect they deserve.  I also make go back in time to see if I have missed something so stay with me.  I will keep you posted.



       

No comments:

Post a Comment