Saturday, September 21, 2013

Is there a Bear in the Woods?








I am friendly with a wonderful group of women.  We call ourselves the Wine Women of West Virginia.  That is because we have a girl’s weekend every year in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia.  We are very fortunate because one of these dear women has a family cabin and has opened her home and heart to us. 
I am not a great outdoors kind of girl.  What I mean is many of these women are seasoned campers.  I have camped in my day but there is always some type of mishap.  For instance, I was hiking and camping with a group of people.  Right before we were to pitch our tent it started to pour. Torrential rain is more of the description I had in mind.  By the time the tent was up, we were all soaked.  Our matches were dry but our firewood was soaked.  Couldn't get the fire started and it was pretty cold especially when you are soaked. Came home and got a really bad cold.
Lucky for me there is this beautiful cabin that keeps us nice and dry and a big fireplace that has a roaring fire keeping us warm.  But there are bears and unlike some of my fearless friends, BEARS SCARE ME.  They have a bear cam rolling and the bears are out there.  Here is my problem with bears, they are so cute that you want to give them a big hug.  However if you do that you become their lunch.  Not a good prospect, at least not to me.  Do you know that scene in the Parent Trap with Lindsey Lohan when the girls, their Dad and his young fiancée are hiking and you see the fiancée banging sticks together to keep the bears away.  That would be me. 
 
Anyway I was surfing the net and I found this clip.  Maybe next time I go I can go more prepared.  I mean I don't want any harm to come to the bear, I just don't want it close to me.







Isn't he cute

No comments:

Post a Comment