Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Silent Wife




Unfortunately I found myself wasting my entire morning at my car dealership having my 40,000 mile tune-up.  The service writer said your car should be ready in about two hours and by the way it should cost $237 oh and please place your initials by the quote. So I thought ok I will wait, after all you know me I always have a book with me. So I sat down in the waiting area and after 3 and 1/2 hours my car was finally done and the bill a whopping $472.  I really believe they looked for things to fix and I, not knowing what is essential and what isn't took the bait hook, line and sinker.  Man am I dumb or what.  I think the next time I need to bring my car in I will remind my husband of our marriage vows where he promised to love me in sickness and in health and to take car of my car.  That is when I really fell in love with him because I feel completely stupid when talking with service writers.  Whereas he totally speaks their language.  He really has a gift.  I also require his presence when I buy a car.  He is great at car salesman speak as well. 
So I am sitting in the lounge waiting for my car to be finished and I read the whole book which is about a marriage with two extremely dysfunctional people.  The husband is a successful architect who is a serial cheater.  She is a psychologist who is completely in denial.  In fact she seriously needs therapy herself and so does he.  Of course she knows about her husband's cheating ways but puts up with them so she can maintain a well ordered life. He cheats but  comes back to her.  But some how this recent fling does not go as he anticipated.  
 It is a very interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment