Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Game Change

5


I was having dinner with my brother and sister-in-law.  It was my Dad’s birthday.  Last time my sister-in-law and I had talked I had suggested she read Living History by Hilary Clinton.  So I asked if she had read the book to which she replied yes.  Then she said that she had also read Game Change.  I had heard a lot about the book and the movie with the same name and so I decided to read it. Glad I did.  All I can say is fascinating.

I admit I hate politics.  I too often view things as black and white and no gray area.  Politics is all about the gray area.  I usually stay clear of books on politics and religion because they make me mad but this book was worth the read.  It actually takes you into the lives of the candidates of the 2008 election and the strategies they used to try and win the election. It was I'll meet you outside be prepared to put up your fists cause we are going at it 'till I am the only one standing. It confirmed that even if you think you can count on people for support or for friendship that is not the case when you are in the political arena.  It is more rockum sockum robots than I ever thought possible.   And if you haven't noticed, the ads for raising speculation that Hilary Clinton may give running for the White House another run have just started running. We still have three years before the next election!  I guess it is never too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment