Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday



So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

I am happy to say that for the first time in a long time I have met my goal.  I have read three out of the ten books on the list starting with the number 1 book The Casual Vacancy. (see my post on November 24, 2012)  Just a brief word on this book, although the writing was great after all it is J.K. Rowling, I could never quite make a connection with the characters or the story.  I Just don't get what she is trying to say. Maybe it is a British thing. The other two books are Ender's Game (9) and Chesapeake Blue (7). 

I have to say I am really surprised about the number 7 book Chesapeake Blue because the book was the fourth book in Nora Robert's Chesapeake Bay Saga which was published awhile back.  Don't get me wrong as romance novels and Nora Roberts novels goes this was a decent book but why is only the number 4 book showing up on the bestseller list.  What happened to 1-3? If you like Nora Roberts and you haven't read this series yet please start with number 1 so you can meet all the brothers and understand the dynamics of the family. 

This past week I have been reading The Aviator's Wife about Anne Morrow and Charles Lindburgh and The Cuckoo's Calling. Look for my blog posts on these two books.  Next on my list is Lean In.  Click on any of these books for more information:


        


No comments:

Post a Comment