Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School? Need a new laptop?

  ASUS S56CA-DH51 Click on the computer to get the detailed specs


My daughter’s sony vaio crashed for the third time.  The last time this happened I was able to restore most everything on her hard drive.  Unfortunately, third time was not a charm.  I had just restored everything and loaded the anti virus protection software and the darn thing crashed.  I thought about replacing the hard drive but just didn’t feel like it was worth it so I found myself in the market for a new computer.  Luckily I have a guy who knows a lot about laptops and he helped me make my choice. 


And the winner is, drum roll please the ASUS S56CA-DH51.  I really hoped to find the computer in Best Buys but they were out of most of the ASUS I was interested in so I went online and did a search.   I narrowed down my search to New Egg and Amazon and Amazon won.  The price, New Egg couldn’t touch it.  The computer was delivered and the great thing about Amazon was they packed it well. When I took the laptop out of the box I am happy to say that the real thing was better than the picture.  The good news about this laptop is it is a hybrid having both an SSD and a regular hard drive.  The SSD is basically just for startup but I have got to say you do not have to hum the Jeopardy song waiting for the thing to boot up. It is pretty fast booting. After working with XP and windows 7 for so long windows 8 takes a bit to get use to but after using it a little while it’s ok.  I still like 7 better but so what.


Downloading and installing software was pretty quick although I didn’t load anything to hefty.  I Just loaded the usual like virus protection, MS Office and of course itunes.  The only thing that I don't like is the touchpad.  the left and right mouse clicks are incorporated into it and I don't like the feel and response of it.  Other than that the laptop is performing well and I would recommend it if you are in the market.

 
Follow this link to see the laptop and specs:  



LaCie External Hard Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment