Monday, August 5, 2013

Inferno? Dante's

 
Dante



I recently blogged about the book Inferno by Dan Brown.  I liked the book on so many levels.  He is a good writer.  I loved the storyline and I loved the setting for the novel, Florence, Italy.  In the Sunday August 4th Travel section Margo Hammond writes an interesting article looking at Florence but really searching for the remnants of Dante Alighieri the poet and other of Inferno the poem.  I realized that I was in Florence 30 years ago and I am reminded of the city everyday when I use my wallet which I purchased there and still use.  Italian cities are very interesting.  Each of them have a very different atmosphere  which makes sense since they were all different "states" back in the day.  After visiting Rome a chaotic and exciting city, I found that Florence was a more hushed and elegant city.  Anyway they are all good and you might find the article interesting so I am giving you the link.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment