Monday, August 19, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday



Sunday Notes on Sunday


So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that  every Sunday I play this little game with myself. On Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on Hardcovers but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6th post.

Since this weeks list focuses on Hardcovers I really wasn't expecting to meet my goal.  I did come close.  I have read the number 3 book Inferno by Dan Brown (see my post from 6/25/13) and Gone Girl (see my post 12/11/12).  I am giving myself half a point for the number 1 book The Cuckoo's Calling because I have downloaded it to my kindle but haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.  So many books so little time.  I have books sitting by my bedside literally screaming at me to be read.  The good news is that I will be taking a few days off this week and because I don't have to get up early, I plan to read a little longer in the evenings than I usually do. 

I did want to go in another directions this week and discuss the New York Times Bestseller lists.  The one thing I really like about the New York Times book lists is just that, multiple lists. On the Combined Print and E book list coming in at # 10 is The Silent Wife which I will be blogging about this week so stayed tuned.  I really enjoyed it.  The paperback list had a book that I blogged about last week, ME Before You coming in at #15.  I loved this book and I still think about the characters in the book and the choices they made. 

Two non fiction books that are also worth a mention are Wild and Game Change. So I hope you have some time this week to come back to read my blog.  Happy reading!

If you want to be alerted when I publish a new post please put your email address in the follow by email box.





         

No comments:

Post a Comment