Saturday, May 25, 2013

Whiskey Beach






Romance with an R written by one of what I consider the most prolific writers of the genre and that would be none other than Nora Roberts.  I have blogged about her before. Fact, she has written 209 Romance novels, no small feat.  And for all you Marylanders she was born in Silver Spring and still lives in the state of Maryland.

This book is kind of more of the same of her books.  Again she sticks to a formula and it seems to work ‘cause I seem to keep reading her books.  I read this book Mother’s Day.  It took me just one day and it is 496 pages.  It is not a profound read.  It is a murder romance. 

Eli is a very formidable and successful lawyer who has found out that his wife is cheating on him.  They are going through a very acrimonious divorce.  He goes back to the house they once shared to get a ring that had belonged to his grandmother and who does he find with her skull bashed in, why Lindsey of course.  He calls 911 and after that his life A police detective starts making his life hell.  So far I am really not giving anything away believe me.

Bluff House on Whiskey Beach has been in his family forever.  In fact the family just happens to have made its fortune in the whiskey business.  And of course there are stories about the house and the family that are a little interesting. For Eli, it is a sanctuary where he goes to try and heal. And there he decides he will find Lindsey's killer not for her mind you but for him.

Eli meets Abra (short for Abracadabra, a little corny but what the heck) there a sort of free spirit  who helps to ease his aching heart and now I really can’t say too much more.  If you like Nora Roberts’ stuff you will probably like this one.  It’s ok, I like reading her books because it helps me relax.  I really don’t have to think at all. Sometimes that is not a bad thing right?


Nora Roberts



Here is Nora Roberts official site

No comments:

Post a Comment