Monday, May 20, 2013

Sunday Notes on Monday


 
 
Sunday Notes on Monday

I have started to play this little game with myself. Every Sunday the first section that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section, it contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover.

The top ten books are spotlighted in each category, fiction and non-fiction. The rules of my game are to have read 30% of the books on the fiction list, ten are listed. So I get one point per book and I give myself a bonus point for each book after the 3 and I get a bonus point if I read any of the non-fiction.

As with last week, I have read two books the number 1 book The Great Gatsby and the number 7 book Beautiful Ruins which I blogged about on May 11th. I get a bonus point for the book Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail which I blogged about on April 3.  Once again I have fallen short from the goals I set for myself.  Based on my rules of the game I did not meet my goals of reading 3 out of ten of the top fiction bestsellers. But here is the thing, there was nothing on the paperback bestseller list that I want to read. That is actually sadder to me than not meeting my 30% target.

One book that is the number 1 non-fiction bestseller is Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey Into the Afterlife.  This title fascinates me so I am adding this one to my list and will get back to you on that one.  The idea of Heaven has always been a topic of conversation for me.

This week I decided to stray form the Washington Post Bestseller list and expand out to the New York Times list.  There are two books on the non fiction bestseller list that I have read and blogged about.  Wild as mention before and Bossypants by Tina Fey. If you haven't read these books I suggest you do they are both very good.

On the Times paperback fiction list I have read two the number 8 book Gone Girl (check out my 12/11/12 post) and 7 Whiskey Beach.  I will be posting a blog on Whiskey Beach this week so stay tuned. Until next Monday!

   



No comments:

Post a Comment