Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hold the Pickles Hold the Lettuce





Who doesn’t like McDonalds?  If you don’t you are in the majority.  I grew up in Oceanside, NY and in addition to the second original Nathan’s (the original one is in Coney Island) we actually had a McDonalds.  And here is the thing that blew me away about this McDonalds, my Mom actually let us eat there, occasionally. Ok very occasionally but that was really something for us because she wouldn’t let us eat any junk food. She was wise beyond her years.

 

The McDonalds then was absolutely nothing like the McDonalds now.  The menu was very limited.  Here is what it was: hamburger, cheeseburger, fries, coke and milkshakes.  And there were no special sauces and none of that hold the pickles hold the lettuce crap.  Each hamburger or cheeseburger had mustard, ketchup and pickles.  Eat it or scrap it off. Since 2007 McDonald's has expanded 2007 McDonalds menus has expanded by 70% to a whopping (not whopper) 145 menu items.   For some I have some sad news for you there is plans to downsize the menu.  I hope for your sake it is not one of your favorite items.  Mine is still the cheeseburger and I am so glad that I can ask for one with just ketchup because I hate pickles and mustard on my cheeseburger.  Aren’t you glad we live in more accommodating times?  Read all about it on this link to Bloomberg.com.



http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-17/mcdonald-s-seen-overhauling-u-s-menu-from-145-choices.html


And just for laughs and giggles the picture I have included above looks just like the one in Atlantic Avenue in my hometown. So much for dining in and a play area for kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment