Monday, June 30, 2014

Sunday Notes on Monday




 On Sunday one of the first sections that I read of the Washington Post is the Outlook section. It contains the book section. I go to the last page and read the Washington Bestseller list. I count how many books I have read and give myself a point for each. This week the bestseller list focused on paperbacks but it alternates between paperbacks and hardcover. You can check my scoring system on the May 6, 2013 post. Oh joy! I did really well this week but I was surprised at one of the books  on the list Catcher In The Rye. 

I read this book when I was in High School.  Could it have only been ten years ago. Ha!
Don't get me wrong it is a good book but I did not think it was the best book ever.  I know some of you out there think it was and I am glad for you. Obviously the book has merit.  Wasn't it written in the 50's or close to that and it is still being read today.  I guess it must be on the summer reading list for High Schoolers and that is the reason it is showing up on the bestseller list.  If you haven't read by all means add it to your list.  It really is a classic.

This week I am starting on the lighter side.  If you want a girl power book try Four Friends.  I also have Save the Date on my nightstand.  I like Mary Kay Andrews she is fun and a perfect beach read. Even though I was on my foodie quest back in 2012 I enjoyed her book Deep Dish about two TV cooks.  Go back to my June 2012 posts and check that one out.

To satisfy my thriller, mystery craving I have two books on the nightstand.  The Target and the Lincoln Myth.  I started them both and I am not sure which one I will finish first so keep checking back.  I suspect that each of these books will make wonderful beach reading.  Have a wonderful week and keep on reading

       

No comments:

Post a Comment