Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Breeze, Summer Reads




When you are on a beach sometimes you just feel like something light and humorous to mix in with all those hot thrillers and murder mysteries.  Where Did You Go Bernadette to me is one of those books.  It is just bizarre enough to be funny but not too far over the top.  It has no social messages and nobody gets killed but there are some minor injuries. 

If you haven't read The Final Cut post February 12th, 2014)  yet this is another good summer read.  This is a murder mystery but it is humorously written.  In fact I found myself chuckling out loud.  I was alone on my couch so I wasn't disturbing anyone.

On a more serious note I really loved the book The Invention of Wings (post March 5, 2014).  This is the newest novel by the author of The Secret Life of Bees also a great book. 

Don't forget the suntan lotion.  Enjoy!

        

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you were there. I too love walking down a street or being in a house that was owned by a person I read about in a novel or history book. You almost feel the person's presence or maybe their energy. It is always a thrill

    ReplyDelete